DOs and DON'Ts of Ride Safety
When you visit America's amusement parks, fairs, carnivals and attractions, follow these important safety rules to make sure your whole family is "Ready to Ride".
The DOs of Ride Safety
Before You Get on a Ride:
- Do watch each ride before participating -- make sure you're comfortable with it.
- Do read and obey all written and verbal warnings and instructions.
- Do observe all age, height and weight, and other physical restrictions for the ride.
Before the Ride Begins:
- Do fasten safety equipment such as seatbelt, shoulder harness, lap bar or chain.
- Do secure all clothing and personal possessions.
- Do follow instructions given by ride attendants.
While the Ride is in Motion:
- Do keep hands, arms, legs and feet inside the ride at all times.
Before Getting Off the Ride:
- Do keep all safety equipment fastened until the operator instructs you to exit.
- Do stay in the ride until it comes to a complete stop at the unloading point.
- Do enter or dismount a ride only in the area instructed by the ride operator.
The DON'Ts of Ride Safety
- Don't throw any object from an amusement ride or attraction.
- Don't endanger or injure yourself or others around you by behaving in a reckless manner.
- Don't enter any ride that you are uncomfortable with, or that your child fears.
- Don't horseplay around, on or near a ride at any time.
- Don't enter a ride without the supervision of the ride operator.
- Don't bring food or drinks on any ride, and don't smoke.